Why do You Need to Remove Black Mold Immediately?

It is important to note that not all black molds are dangerous as there are at least 1000 different species found in the United States. However, when discovered, it is highly recommended that the mold is removed immediately because the harmless ones look very much alike to the ones that are dangerous. Before we learn what is so dangerous about it, let’s learn about what is black mold first.

What is Black Mold?

Black mold’s scientific names are S. chlorohalonata & S. chartarum and it is a fungus that grows inside or outside your house. Its color is usually green and black and it requires moisture to survive thus creating a slimy texture. That’s why black mold found inside the house is often from leaks inside walls, ceilings, or floors. Black mold also has a unique odor that is obvious when discovered especially in the HVAC ducts.

Why is Black Mold Dangerous?

Black mold can produce poison toxins called mycotoxins which can cause severe health problems to humans and would be amplified for infants, elderly, and pets.

Illnesses that Can be Caused by Black Mold:

  • Respiratory distress
  • Coughing and sneezing
  • Excessive tiredness
  • Vomiting
  • Kidney problems
  • Itching to eyes

It is very deadly if toxic black mold is allowed to grow inside the house and severely damage your health. For personal safety, it is important to hire a mold removal specialist like Mold Doctors that would remove the black mold completely from your house. Mold Doctors serve Cape Cod and the South Shore area with a 10% discount for senior citizens and active participants of the military. Contact us now for a free estimate and let us help you remove your black mold.

Leave a Comment